Newcomers' Guide

To register a student in local public schools you will need:

  1. A certified copy of the birth certificate. A Baptismal Certificate or Hospital Certificate is not acceptable.

  2. A Social Security Card.

  3. The student's immunization records. A Louisiana Universal Certificate of Immunization from LINKS is preferable. However, a valid personal record from the student's doctor is acceptable. Immunization Record MUST include the following:
    • DTap - 5doses
    • Polio - 4 doses
    • MMR - 2 doses
    • Varicella - 2 doses
    • Hepatitis B - 3 doses
    • 6th Graders or age 11 (any grade) are required to have a Meningococcal vaccine and an additional Tetanus and Varicella if the student has not had two doses

  4. Proof of home residence. Proof of residency should include a current utility bill receipt, or a connection order from the electric company, telephone company, water company, or gas company. Father or mother's name and the resident address must appear on the document. If parents are living with someone else, an affidavit is required and an appointment must be scheduled with Mr. James L. Russell, III or Mr. Joel McFarland, Supervisors of Child Welfare and Attendance. Please call 365-2341 to schedule an appointment.

  5. Previous report cards and/or school records


To determine the school zone you live in, call Iberia Parish School Board, 365-2341.

LiveZilla Live Chat Software